Re: could RMAN backup different platforms?

From: Andreas Piesk <a.piesk_at_gmx.net>
Date: 26 Jul 2006 14:41:25 -0700

Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> On 26 Jul 2006 13:16:10 -0700, "Andreas Piesk" <a.piesk_at_gmx.net>
> wrote:
> There is no version posted (and the answer is version dependent)

ok, i forgot the version. my mistake. sorry. i'm talking about 9i and 10g.

> and you clearly didn't try to read any RMAN documentation and/or
> release notes and/or new feature document.

bad shot. actually i did.

> In short: you want others to do *your* work.

don't bother.

> The answer is 9i rman has no cross-platform capability and 10g rman
> has.

well, 10g has, for converting databases, tablespaces and datafiles from one platform to another if both have the same endianess. i fail to see the connection to my question, sorry.

-ap Received on Wed Jul 26 2006 - 16:41:25 CDT