Re: Question about DataGuard

From: Andreas Piesk <a.piesk_at_gmx.net>
Date: 25 Jul 2006 14:18:54 -0700

Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> emdproduction_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> >Say, I have a primary database and standby database, and all the
> >archived logfile are shipped from primary databaes to standby site on
> >confirmed mode.
> >
> >Will I lose some data if my primary site went down suddenly?
> >

> If the standby database is in automatic recovery mode, the shipped
> archives are automatically applied to it.
> In this situation you would loose maximum one log file.
> Now it is your assignment to size the redo log properly, so you
> - don't loose too much data
> - don't have a checkpoint too frequently.

i'm not sure what 'confirmed mode' in the context of archive logs means.
if it means LGWR,SYNC,AFFIRM as log transport mode emdproduction (a realname would be nice) wouldn't lose a single transaction, but as he has only one standby i doubt this is what he means.

@emd: what protection mode you're using?

regards,
-ap Received on Tue Jul 25 2006 - 16:18:54 CDT