Re: Optimisation of a sql query

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 13:27:25 GMT

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:50:49 -0700, joel garry wrote:

> That's the intractable problem with portable SQL: the different models
> require different application design. ...

<cynical>

But, but, but ... everyone knows

</cynical>

Everyone, that is, except those who deal with cost effective database performance management.

Which is easily shown, as you say, using Tom Kyte's methods and further detailed in Tom's and Jonathan Lewis' (and other Oak Table members) discussions and documents.

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!