Re: Strange problem with Sequence.. please help..

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 13:31:42 GMT

> If you restart the Oracle instance/database
> the cached numbers will be lost.

Additionally, the sequence number are cached in the Dictionary Cache. Depending on activity and the configuration of your server, it is possible for the
sequence information to get aged out of the cache. So you can lose sequence numbers without a restart of the instance.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net