instr question

From: <kimberly.shaffer_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Jul 2006 11:28:13 -0700

I am using oracle 9.2 and am a newbie trying to figure out the instr argument, and just can't wrap my brain around it. Or maybe I'm going about this the wrong way with the wrong function. Say I have a simple statement:

select currentfield from current table;

and it brings me back something like

-m first_string next_string one_more_string last_string
-m second_string next_string one_more_string last_string
-m third_string next_string one_more_string last_string

and I just want it to look like (in my return) first_string
second_string
third_string

and strip out all the remaining strings and the -m prefix

is that possible? Can someone example me with this so I can see where I am going wrong?

thx in advance and apologies if this is really simple.

ks Received on Thu Jul 20 2006 - 13:28:13 CDT