Re: way to ignore pga_aggregate_target for a batch job?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 20 Jul 2006 11:27:18 -0700

NetComrade wrote:
> Is there are a way to ignore pga_aggregate_target for a batch job?

I think you can just turn it off for the session. http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96536/ch1222.htm

Jonathan Lewis on his site has some examples of how to play with pga_aggregate target, personally when I've had problems I just voodoo cut everything in half and mumble about the docs being misleading. There may be bugs in 9204 too.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=pga_aggregate_target+site%3Awww.jlcomp.demon.co.uk&btnG=Search

To be honest, I use the OEM advisor and it seems to work OK in general once things are close. The voodoo stuff is just at setup (ie, add another instance and suddenly, you're swapping - Wasn't that a Martha and the Motels song?).

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WQJb9a3co8