Home -> Community -> Usenet -> c.d.o.server -> Re: Is it possible to load the excel file by using external table without converting it into csv comma delimited file

Re: Is it possible to load the excel file by using external table without converting it into csv comma delimited file

From: Khurram <oraware_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Jul 2006 03:24:10 -0700

gazzag wrote:
> Bib Endum wrote:
> > As usual, this is so condescendant ! Why don't you keep it shut up sometimes
> > ! I don't like VB, I don't like microsoft, but sometimes, it can be useful
> > to do quick prototyping or to hack something with word or excel.
>
> I think "hack" is the appropriate word. Well done.

hi allz

First of all thanx for all you guys , I tried the OCA for microsoft excel but lot of missing
and invalidate procedures/function found then i tried the HS service for getting excel
data ,i have done the connectivity suucefully for MS access before but getting error when
doing the same with excel , i am getting the following error pleae help me.

SQL> SELECT * FROM ABC_at_acc.world;
SELECT * FROM ABC_at_acc.world

              *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
[Generic Connectivity Using ODBC][Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] The Microsoft
Jet database engine could not find the object 'ABC'. Make sure the object
exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly. (SQL State:
S0002; SQL Code: -1305)
ORA-02063: preceding 2 lines from ACC.WORLD Received on Thu Jul 13 2006 - 05:24:10 CDT