Re: Directory Question

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 22:22:31 +0200

On 10 Jul 2006 12:16:31 -0700, "art_at_chicagorsvp.com" <art_at_chicagorsvp.com> wrote:

>HI Everyone,
>
>We are receiving some error when we run the Oracle upgrade. Metalink
>says that we need to make sure our LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LIBPATH point to
>$ORACLE_HOME/lib.
>
>Well, when I look at those variables, LD_LIBRARY_PATH points to
>$ORACLE_HOME/lib and LIBPATH points to $ORACLE_HOME/lib32.
>
>Does Oracle really mean $ORACLE_HOME/lib or should I point to
>$ORACLE_HOME/lib32??
>
>Help please,
>
>Arthur

You are probably on a 64-bit O/S, aren't you. In that case the $ORACLE_HOME/lib directory contains the 64-bit libraries. You can verify this by the file or the nm command, or whatever is appropiate for your O/S, which you require us to guess at. Mixing 64-bit and 32-bit sounds like a bad idea, linking a 64-bit oracle executable with 32-bit libraries even worse.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA