Re: DATAGUARD: Primary 2 NODE RAC: Standby Single node Single instance

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Jul 2006 11:09:30 -0700

wannabe DBA wrote:
> Then on the standby:
>
> SQL>alter database recover managed standby database finish;
> SQL>alter database open read only;
> SQL>select * from testthiscarbuncle;
>
> table does not exist!
>
> It seems the logs are not being applied. Can someone give me some
> pointers as to where i should look to diagnose this issue!!!?

Is there anything in v$archive_gap on standby? Can you check Metalink Note:232649.1 for any clue? In short, you can wait for 1 minute before you check if the log is applied. Make sure parameters FAL_SERVER and FAL_CLIENT are set. If nothing helps, you have to manually apply the logs by alter database register logfile.

Yong Huang Received on Fri Jul 07 2006 - 13:09:30 CDT