Re: ORA-04031 with Collections and SGA Settings - Part II

From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Jul 2006 01:26:00 -0700

Dereck L. Dietz wrote:
> I've come to the conclusion that using collections for what I was trying to
> do wasn't workable myself. I have never used the global temporary tables -
> compared to a normal table, are they any quicker/efficient?
Description of temporary tables
http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14220/schema.htm. An example and some more info
http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14231/tables.htm.

> I'm trying to rework an inefficient process as efficiently as I can (and get
> away from the way the code uses one table to create another table which is
> used to create yet another table and so on) and I'm worried that I'm trying
> to do this with a database with an inefficient memory setup as well.
Smells like ported code from MSSQL, or at least developer with MSSQL background ;)
Creating tables on the fly is very bad idea at least in Oracle.

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu/ Received on Mon Jul 03 2006 - 03:26:00 CDT