Re: ORA-04031 with Collections and SGA Settings - Part II

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 03:46:24 GMT

"Gints Plivna" <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1151825173.124626.257780_at_h44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > Are these settings normal or is there something off in them that would
> > explain why I consistently ran out of memory when trying to use a
collection
> > of about only 972,000 records?
> >
> > Any assistance/comments would be appreciated.
>
> Have you checked global temporary tables? For a million records I'd say
> this would be much more scalable and normal approach than store all
> this stuff in memory.
>
> Gints Plivna
> http://www.gplivna.eu/

I've come to the conclusion that using collections for what I was trying to do wasn't workable myself. I have never used the global temporary tables - compared to a normal table, are they any quicker/efficient?

I'm trying to rework an inefficient process as efficiently as I can (and get away from the way the code uses one table to create another table which is used to create yet another table and so on) and I'm worried that I'm trying to do this with a database with an inefficient memory setup as well. Received on Sun Jul 02 2006 - 22:46:24 CDT