Re: DBMS_JAVA

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 Jun 2006 06:49:05 -0700

nirav wrote:
> > You just need to run initjvm.sql to install the Java Virtual Machine
> > and all objects associated with it including dbms_java package. It's
> > been like that since release 8i. java_pool_size should be >= 20MB.
> >
> > Other stuff is optional add-ons.
> >
> > Regards
> > /Rauf
>
> I have a similar question , and it is about initjvm.sql. I already have
> jvm set up in oracle but the dbms_java package is absent. In that case
> do I only need to run the initjvm.sql or the other scripts also?
>
> (HOw I can say jvm is already set up in oracle? - by seeing it as one
> of the installed products in oracle universal installer, installed
> products.also the banner says:
>
> Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.6.0 - 64bit Production
> With the Partitioning option
> JServer Release 9.2.0.6.0
>
> and giving java on command line gives:
>
> $java
> Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
> (to execute a class)
> or java -jar [-options] jarfile [args...]
> (to execute a jar file)
>
> where options include:
> -cp -classpath <directories and zip/jar files separated by :>
> set search path for application classes and resources
> -D<name>=<value>
> set a system property
> -verbose[:class|gc|jni]
> enable verbose output
> -version print product version
> -? -help print this help message
> -X print help on non-standard options
> (it does not give unknown command etc) however dbms_java package is not
> there...so I need to run only initjvm.sql or also some other scritps
> (for the package dbms_java)?
>
> With thanks
> Nirav

initjvm.sql runs initjvm2.sql runs initdbj.sql which creates dbms_java package. If you ran initjvm.sql and are missing dbms_java package then most likely there were some issues.

You cannot rerun initjvm.sql if you think you ran into some issues. You would have to remove the existing JVM by running rmjvm.sql then run initjvm.sql. NOTE: rmjvm.sql removes the Jserver so run it with caution. Goto metalink and search for rmjvm.sql before doing anything.

Regards
/Rauf Received on Tue Jun 27 2006 - 08:49:05 CDT