Database Timezone Error

From: Khurram <oraware_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Jun 2006 06:32:34 -0700

hi

I know this question has been asked before many times but didnt find any solution.

I am using Oracle 9.2.0.1.0.When i try to alter time_zone i am getting the following error

SQL> ALTER DATABASE SET TIME_ZONE='-06:00';  ALTER DATABASE SET TIME_ZONE='-06:00'
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02231: missing or invalid option to ALTER DATABASE

I know its due to TIMESTAMP WITH LOCAL TIME ZONE column which store data normalised to the database timezone.Unless i dont drop this table which having TIMESTAMP
WITH LOCAL TIME ZONE column,ORA-02231: missing or invalid option to ALTER DATABASE Error will occur.I searched the table in my schema as well system and sys but didnt find any table which has TIMESTAMP WITH LOCAL TIME ZONE column.

Any idea to get rid off it??

Thanx

Khurram Received on Tue Jun 27 2006 - 08:32:34 CDT