Re: SQL Newbie wants to select data from 3 tables

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 03:12:26 GMT

Greg wrote:

> Why is it folks have to be smart butts when answering a question... I
> guess some folks just knew everything from the 1st day they were born.
>

> joel garry wrote:
>

>> Here's a
>>hint for you:  SQL reference manual...
>>
>>jg
>>--
>>@home.com is bogus.
>>"There will be a major event on the San Andreas Fault in Southern
>>California next week, plus or minus 100 years." - Geologist on radio,
>>interviewer seemed to miss the joke.

I did not think he is not being "smart", he is just stating facts. I would probably not have been so kind as this looks very much like a homework assignment from an SQL101 course. Not to mention the fact that correct usage of joins (eg:[left|right|outer|natural])is a very basic foundation of queries. Without understanding what they are and what they do, he might as well be taking a knitting class.

Give a man a fish and he gets 1 good grade - teach him to fish and he might actually get a job.

:)

--
M.A.
DBA Consultant