Re: SQL Newbie wants to select data from 3 tables

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 26 Jun 2006 14:24:57 -0700

Greg wrote:
> Why is it folks have to be smart butts when answering a question... I
> guess some folks just knew everything from the 1st day they were born.
>

> joel garry wrote:
> > Here's a
> > hint for you: SQL reference manual...

That wasn't meant to be "smart butts" at all, it was meant to help the person narrow down the places to look if he actually put in the search at tahiti suggested on the line above the one you quoted. If he did so, he would hopefully see the link that was exactly appropriate, an explanation of what he needed to know among an entire page devoted to explaining joins. I did think it was obviously a homework assignment, and so was giving clues how to solve it, and more importantly, how to find how to solve it, without simply spoon-feeding an answer that would be less than illuminative.

Now, this is "smart butts:"

You have posted here only since March, you top post in violation of well-established norms here, you don't actually help, and you insult the people who do. You ought to go into lurker mode before you make yourself look even more like a dumbass.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
The second richest man in the world is giving billions to the charity