Re: Remote operation.

From: <hypermodest_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Jun 2006 17:25:15 -0700

Mark D Powell wrote:

> Hypermod, if you are referring to an explain plan output it is SQL
> executed on a remote database meaning you are looking at a distributed
> query.
>
> Generally speaking a remote operation is one that takes place outside
> the current database. As Mr Stock pointed out context is important to
> getting a proper response.

I've a fairly strange question. If you know about service registration, Oracle PMON telling to the Listener some information about instances.. you know..
Notably, data packet of all this information is packed and unpacked by Remote Operation functions (ncr* functions). It is interesting, where all these functions is also used and the same question about RO if I'm wrong and RO is not ncr* functions. Received on Fri Jun 09 2006 - 19:25:15 CDT