Re: Remote operation.

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 9 Jun 2006 16:58:58 -0700

Mark C. Stock wrote:
> <hypermodest_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> : Hello.
> : Can anybody point me to any description of what "remote operation" is?
> : Thanks in advance.
> :
>
> depends.
>
> what's the context?
>
> ++ mcs

Hypermod, if you are referring to an explain plan output it is SQL executed on a remote database meaning you are looking at a distributed query.

Generally speaking a remote operation is one that takes place outside the current database. As Mr Stock pointed out context is important to getting a proper response.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Jun 09 2006 - 18:58:58 CDT