Re: why use exp transport tablespace use

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 07:16:29 +0200

On 8 Jun 2006 17:18:45 -0700, "peter" <hhh.database_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello DBAs,
>
>if in my database I have one tablespace "XYZdata" only for one user
>"XYZ". Then which is better to exp "transport tablespace" or "owner"
>and why. As One of you advise me to read manual, if there is any manual
>for that then please inform. Because in manual I find how to do this
>things, when to do them and why to do them also. But still I was not
>able to find solution for this problem.
>
>thank you all

go to http://tahiti.oracle.com
type ' transportable tablespace' in the search window click 'Search'
Hit the url for your version
Notice you are in the 'Oracle Server Utilities Manual' Notice owner=xyz and transportable tablespaces are two completely different things.

Now why an OCP can't do that escapes me. It demonstrates yet again OCP is worthless.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA