Re: Error creating DB from Database Configuration Assistant

From: ianal Vista <ianal_vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 01:53:36 GMT

raheems_at_gmail.com wrote in

> That mean i Not only new to Oracle but to Usenet too ---Sorry for
> incompllet information
>
> Issue
> When i try to create a new instance using Database Configuration
> Assistant I get this error
>
> ORA-02231: Missing or invalid option to ALTER DATABASE
>

>>From DB configuration assistant i Pick General Purpose Database
>>include

> data fies( it fails regard less what i pick.
>
> Oracle is running on Windows 2000 sp4
> Oracle Version is 9.2.0.5.0
> User in windows domain admin / in local PC added in to Oracle DBA
> group ( windows id)
>
> When i run /OPEN whizard does not ask me any User is ( may be thats
> what i am missing .
>
> Any help will be great . I really need to fix this issue today
>
> thanks
> Saqib Raheem
> 303-218-4753
>

> ianal Vista wrote:
>> raheems_at_gmail.com wrote in news:1149725899.917710.132130
>> @i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>>
>> > I am getting error while try to create a data base using Database
>> > Configuration Assistant
>> >
>> > whizard  Error is
>> >
>> > ORA-02231: Missing or invalid option to ALTER DATABASE
>> >

>> My crystal ball is in the shop for repair.
>>
>> No OS or version provided.
>> No version of Oracle posted.
>> No clue to which user invoking dbca or their environment.
>>
>> All in all I'd concluded PEBKAC & You're On Your Own (YOYO)!

When you responded, you top posted.
Do it again & you'll likely not get another response.

I suspect that you treat all Windoze software the same and NEVER bother to RTFM before installing it.

visit http://tahiti.oracle.com
Then RTFM called the Windows Installation Guide & start over. Received on Thu Jun 08 2006 - 20:53:36 CDT