Re: Question: Is is safe to move a 'plan table' to a temp tablespace???

From: BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Jun 2006 10:01:47 -0700

> On the other hand, if you look closely
> you will note that I've put:

Yes, I see... But I think that in my case it's moot, because it's a read-only standby database that I'm trying to get Explain Plan working in; creating a temporary table in a standard schema would not do much for me here, as that schema will still be read only.

The only way I could make it work would be to either create another tablespace which I could write to, or create the plan_table in the temporary tablespace - neither of which is allowed.

I do not believe there's a way to make it work. Your comment about updating the seq$ table convinces me even more.

Thanks for the insights; not the news I wanted, but at least I've done due diligence. ;-) Received on Fri Jun 02 2006 - 12:01:47 CDT