Problems Creating Rollback Segment

From: Smitty <marksmithy69_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Jun 2006 10:51:22 -0700

Hello. I am a newbie to the Oracle world, so it might just be something simple I am missing. I am trying to create rollback segment RBS0. Here is the script I am using:

set echo on term on
spool cr_RBS0_rollback.log

CREATE ROLLBACK SEGMENT rbs0
TABLESPACE RBS_64M
STORAGE
(INITIAL 64M
NEXT 64M
MINEXTENTS 2
MAXEXTENTS 4096); spool off

After the script runs successfully, I do a select on the dba_rollback_segs table to view the new segment, and the parameters are all wrong. They are not what I specified:

SEGMENT_NAME                   OWNER
                                SEG FILE  BLOCK
TABLESPACE_NAME                  ID ID       ID INITIAL_EXTENT
NEXT_EXTENT
 MIN                %                                    REL
 EXT MAX_EXTENTS    INC STATUS     INSTANCE_NUM          FNO
RBS0                           SYS
RBS_64M                           6   39      9    134,217,728
67,108,864
   1         32,765   0 OFFLINE                           39

The initial_extent is double what it should be, and the minextent and maxextents are all wrong. Any ideas? Thanks a lot. Received on Fri Jun 02 2006 - 12:51:22 CDT