Re: lock table

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 1 Jun 2006 16:36:02 -0700

bdbafh_at_gmail.com wrote:
> lark047_at_gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am confused why I can't lock a particular table. The table is not in
> > my schema, but I do have some object privileges on it (insert, delete).
> > Everything I've seen says that's all I need:
> >
> > One of 3
> > - LOCK ANY TABLE
> > - owner of table
> > - object privileges on table
> >
> > Help?
> >
> > Andrew
>
> what is the statement that you are attempting to execute? (include it)
> what is the error message? (include it)
> what version of oracle? (include it).
>
> -bdbafh

Why are you trying to lock a table to begin with? The lock table commands should only be used in certain processing situations. Every DML statement will acquire the row level locks and object enqueues that it needs.

The information bdbafh requested should be in most every post.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Jun 01 2006 - 18:36:02 CDT