Re: Shutdown abort and then I Lost Redo log files

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 1 Jun 2006 06:06:51 -0700

peter wrote:
> Hello DBAs,
>
> My database is in Archivelog and I have user manage backup. Now I lost
> my redo log files and my database is also shutdown abort.
> Now when try to open database I cannot do that........
> when I try to do "Recover database until cancel" I find "Recover
> success but need more recovery to be consistent datafile
> "c:\oracle.....\system01.dbf" error.
> after that I cann't do "Alter database open resetlogs". Please help me
> to recover my database from this stage.....................
>
> Thank You

Peter,

I agree with Sybrand. You really need to read the documents, as this is covered ad nauseum. You will never learn anything in depth if you are just given "cookbooks" for the problem of the day on groups.google.com

If after you have read them and built a test case, you still have problems, then post back with what you have read (tahiti URL) and where it is unclear, both in relation to the problem about which you are asking.

Regards,

Steve Received on Thu Jun 01 2006 - 08:06:51 CDT