Re: log_buffer sizing

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 13:14:39 +0200

On 27 May 2006 02:59:48 -0700, "sushil" <shettysushil_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>This is my new site and someone had already sized it to 50M ,so i have
>to decrease it.so i was wondering is theres a specific formula.

Apart from the valid comments by ora600, a log_buffer write to disk is posted when it is dirty for one third, or when 1 Mb is dirty, whichever occurs first.
Your 50Mb will never completely fill up. You should tune it upwards until you have no buffer space requests or tune it downwards, until you get buffer space requests.

Log file sync writes are triggered by commit, and unavoidable.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA