Provider error trying to connect to Oracle 10g

From: <jduhler_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 May 2006 07:26:15 -0700

I am developing with ASP.NET 1.1 with VB.NET on Windows 2003 Server with IIS 6.0.

When I attempt to make an OLEDB connection to an Oracle 10g database with ASP.NET I receive:

An OLE DB Provider was not specified in the ConnectionString. An example would be, 'Provider=SQLOLEDB;'.

Once I add the Provider=msdaora or Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle then it says:

Keyword not supported: 'provider'.

My connection string is: Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Data Source=test;User

ID=test;Password=test. A DSN exists for "test".

Any idea what I need to do? Something with ODBC connections?

JD Received on Fri May 26 2006 - 09:26:15 CDT