Re: Stored Proc with Cursor Param

From: Amogh <amogh.r_at_nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 20:07:07 +0530

Geoff wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to call a stored proc which has one in/out param, a ref cursor.
> I noticed in the C examples, they declare a cda_def, and use that in the
> call to the stored proc.
>
> I am using smalltalk at the moment, so, to achieve the same effect, would I
> need to allocate memory, the size of a cda_def struct and pass that into the
> stored proc or is there some other way to do that?
>
> I am using Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 -
> Production with the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options, Release 2,
> on Win XP.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -g
>

 >I am trying to call a stored proc which has one in/out param, a ref
 >cursor.I noticed in the C examples, they declare a cda_def, and use
 >that in the call to the stored proc.

I'm not sure of the cda_def structure. But using OCI, calling a stored procedure is straight forward. The ref cursor should be bound (OCIBindByPos) as a resultset type SQLT_RSET.

Check the documentation of how REF CURSORS can be implmented in OCI:
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14250/oci05bnd.htm#sthref795

Rgds.
Amogh Received on Fri May 26 2006 - 09:37:07 CDT