Re: Oracle10g crash with nfs-mounted datafiles

From: Gerry Sinkiewicz <sinkiege_at_snet.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 01:27:29 GMT

"A. Fuentes" <alvarofuentes_at_austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:gbSbg.48865$CH2.45506_at_tornado.texas.rr.com...

> Hello Fellow Oracle Users:
>
> We have an AIX System which has the Oracle datafiles
> in nfs-mounted file systems, and are experiencing an
> ORA-00600 crash. We have other AIX systems
> running Oracle10g similarly tunned, and we never have
> seen this Oracle crash.
>
> From the alert log:
>
> ORA-27301
> ORA-00600 Internal Error Code, arguments [kslgetl:1]
> Also, some other times, we have:
>
> ORA-00600 Internal error code, arguments [kcbzwb_2] [5904] [676] [] []
>
> Any info about what may be causing this crash will be
> greatly appreciated?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> A. Fuentes

As all the others have said, never put database files on NFS mounts, or on NTFS network shares
(Windows), or on compressed NTFS local drives.

SAN is another story as is NAS, but never on NFS mounts, did I say never enough?

You might ask what is wrong with NFS mounted volumes? Well they can unmount while in the
middle of a write, with no way to recover, other than to recover database. But of course the
worset thing you can do is also put your redolog files on an NFS mount. Say you didn't do that. Received on Mon May 22 2006 - 20:27:29 CDT