Re: Oracle Left Outer Join and totals

From: <bbcrock_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 May 2006 12:00:53 -0700

I solved the issue. Another classic, "Once I posted it to the newsgroup, I was determined to solve it." Our DBA said it was not possible, because of the null rows, but of course it was. This code works (pseudocode, fyi, so no DDL, just DML and also, Oracle 9i):

select Team.teamname, count(Report_ID)
from Team LEFT OUTER JOIN Report
ON Team.TeamID = Report.TeamID
group by team.teamname

Was hung up on the count(*)- that caused the bad results. running the count on report_id solved it.

thanks! Received on Mon May 22 2006 - 14:00:53 CDT