Re: Metalink Updates

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 21:41:05 +0200

Stu schreef:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone else had problems updating their metalink account? I've
> just logged in and it redirected me to update my login, where it looked
> like it worked but then when I try and log with my email address I get
> an invalid credentials message.
>
> I tried to reset my password but to no avail.
>
> Has anyone else had trouble?
>
> Regards
>
> Stu

Have had my share of problems:
1) Startpage pops up invalid credentials right away, that is metalink.oracle.com
2) Changed the login, failed to recognize the login. 3) requested a password reset; mail confirmed it was for the *old* profile... Managed to login with the *old* userid. 4) Back to step 2)
5) finally managed to logout, after successfully changing userid.

And *that* my friends, seems to be a crucial step: logging off correctly - just check the link called... It updates your next login page!

So: if you manage to login, make sure you log off the proper way. Worked for me...

Now, how do I explain I destroyed my Win image in the process?!?

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...