Dfference in full export vs multiple user exports?

From: <dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 May 2006 05:56:24 -0700

I am using Oracle 10g R1 on Windows 2000

Is there any difference in ffollowing ull export vs multiple user exports?

I wok in a project and I do not have full export privileges but I have user level export/import privileges. Is there any difference (end result) in the following two situations?

  1. do full export and then do an import .....
                exp full=Y .....
         imp userid=system/xyz fromuser=user1, user2

b.	do user level export
        exp userid=user1...
                imp userid=user1...
                exp usreid = user2
                imp userid=user2...

I have privileges to do case 2 but not case 1. If end result of case2 is same as case 1, I can do case2 myself even though it has more steps. Received on Sun May 14 2006 - 07:56:24 CDT