Re: Dfference in full export vs multiple user exports?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 16:19:53 +0200

On 14 May 2006 05:56:24 -0700, dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com wrote:

>I am using Oracle 10g R1 on Windows 2000
>
>Is there any difference in ffollowing ull export vs multiple user
>exports?
>
>I wok in a project and I do not have full export privileges but I have
>user level export/import privileges. Is there any difference (end
>result) in the following two situations?
>
>a. do full export and then do an import .....
>
> exp full=Y .....
> imp userid=system/xyz fromuser=user1, user2
>

>b. do user level export
> exp userid=user1...
> imp userid=user1...
> exp usreid = user2
> imp userid=user2...
>
>I have privileges to do case 2 but not case 1. If end result of case2
>is same as case 1, I can do case2 myself even though it has more steps.

exports in user mode don't have the create user statement. Consequence: the user must exist prior to import. Exports in user mode obviously won't contain the privileges granted by other users to the user to be imported.
For user exports no special privileges are required, and there is no such thing as a full export privilege, it is the exp_full_database *role* (which is quite something different).

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA