Re: Web Hosts for Express Edition

From: John Scott <XjesX_at_Xshellprompt.netX>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 13:32:14 +0100

> : >
> : > take a look at the URL when you get there -- they practice what they
> : > preach
> : > (http://www.shellprompt.net/pls/htmldb/f?p=112:1:4881083538630445484::NO)
> :
> : good
> : >
> : > example of a non-Apex looking Apex site
> :
> : I was wondering if anyone would ever notice that we do practice what we
> : preach ;)
> :
> : It may not be the worlds most attractive website, but at least it shows
> : I like to get my hands dirty with ApEx.
> :
> : John.
> :
>
> looks a lot better than some templates I've seen!
>
> have you written any papers on setting up and managing your own Apex
> templates? -- I know Oracle has one, but some real-world cases would be
> helpful.
>
> ++ mcs

No I haven't written any papers on that, although I am currently working on a theme which uses CSS heavily to define the layout (so it's a bit of a breakaway from the standard table based templates).

If I get a chance I'll do a write up on creating templates from scratch.

Did you see the write up Scott Spendolini did on converting an existing corporate UI into ApEx? Here's a link to one of the articles -

http://www.orablogs.com/scott/archives/001189.html

John. Received on Thu May 11 2006 - 07:32:14 CDT