Re: Poor Performance on Oracle9i - 9.2.0.7

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 May 2006 03:41:01 -0700

>>2) remove event 10235...
>Answer: The event 10235 was recommeded by Oracle Support because we had
>many ORA-0600 errors.

But that was on a different Oracle version, right? I still recommend that you
remove this event. You can always put it back if you will start getting ORA-600's again (or better check your memory for correctable/uncorrectable
errors.)

>>3) session_cached_cursors of 4000 seems a bit too much, what was the reason for bumping it so high?
>
>Answer: It was the value that I used in 8.1.7.4

But you are now on a different release. 4000 cached cursors is an overkill.
Reduce them to the value recommended by Oracle in the note 216205.1.

Regards,

    Vladimir Received on Mon May 08 2006 - 05:41:01 CDT