Easyloader - Oracle spatial

From: <paulquinlan100_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 May 2006 08:04:11 -0700

Hi

I'm looking to load a MapInfo tab file into Oracle and then perform a number of queries. I'm an Oracle novice so have fallen at the first hurdle. I've created a database in Oracle and run Easyloader from within MapInfo. When i click on the Oracle Spatial button i get asked for User ID, Password and Server Name. Im assuming the first 2 are the the username and password for the existing Oracle Database, is this correct?? as for the Server Name i dont really have a clue, how can i find this out??

For info i'm running Oracle 10g, Mapinfo Pro 8 on an non-networked laptop, im just trying to set up a prototype app.

Thanks for any help.

Paul

p.s. if anyone knows of a half decent intro to setting up this sort of connection id be very grateful. Received on Tue May 02 2006 - 10:04:11 CDT