Re: Requesting 2nd opinion on 10g backup strategy

From: <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Apr 2006 00:16:45 -0700

> One problem that we have though is that since we are using flash
> recovery area oracle is doing space management and occupies the space
> for 14 days backups even though they have been backedup on tape and
> deleted from the OS.

One idea is to backup your database to a normal directory rather than a flash_recovery_area. i.e. writing to a windows server via CIFS, but specify the target destination as a normal directory. Just unset db_file_recovery_dest.

Do you actually need the features of the Flash Recovery Area...?

Matt Received on Wed Apr 26 2006 - 02:16:45 CDT