Re: Oracle slowed down

From: Bob Jones <email_at_me.not>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 00:09:15 GMT

>> My goodness. Obviously you have not read my previous postings. What
>> did I said about artificially manipulating BCHR?
>>

> What is "artificial" in your eyes may be a manifestation of a separate
> part of the application s/w.
>
> BCHR knows nothing about the software that produces the (meaningless)
> value.

As I said earlier, it is not suppose to and not meant to.

> There is NOTHING artificial about the ratio. It is what it is.
> Either the BCHR accurately reflects reality and the performace of the
> database & is meaningful or it is a meaningless indicator of
> performance.

You are exactly right this time. BCHR is what it is. Nothing more. It does't and not meant to tell you anything about the fitness of applications.

> I contend that a RELIABLE performance metric, can not be manipulated.

Where have you seen such a performance metric anywhere?

> You don't like to answer the hard question, so you try to dismiss it.
>
> HAND!
It is really not a hard question because it is irrelevant. Thanks for another dose of JL non-reality though. Received on Sat Apr 22 2006 - 19:09:15 CDT