Do I always need Oracle SE/EE and IAS/OC4J to run Oracle Lite ?

From: <xtanto_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Apr 2006 04:06:18 -0700

Hi All,

I am new to Oracle Lite, I read this docs : http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/lite/TWP_Lite_10gR2.pdf

>From what I read there :

  1. Is it correct that to run Oracle Lite on offline mobile apps, I must have Oracle database SE/EE as back end to synchronize with ? Can I synchronize Oracle Lite directly to other system / database (e.g SQL Server) ?
  2. Do I always need IAS/OC4J as mobile server to do synchronization ?

Thank you for your info,
xtanto Received on Sat Apr 22 2006 - 06:06:18 CDT