Re: Do I always need Oracle SE/EE and IAS/OC4J to run Oracle Lite ?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 16:35:23 +0200

On 22 Apr 2006 04:06:18 -0700, xtanto_at_hotmail.com wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I am new to Oracle Lite, I read this docs :
>http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/lite/TWP_Lite_10gR2.pdf
>
>>From what I read there :
>
>1) Is it correct that to run Oracle Lite on offline mobile apps, I must
>have Oracle database SE/EE as back end to synchronize with ?
>Can I synchronize Oracle Lite directly to other system / database (e.g
>SQL Server) ?
>
>2) Do I always need IAS/OC4J as mobile server to do synchronization ?
>
>Thank you for your info,
>xtanto

Reading this doc, I would say it is crystal clear about the requirements. Is there anything you don't understand, or is it just something you don't *like*, so you are asking redundant questions. Why would Oracle, if communication with Sqlserver is possible (which is highly unlikely, why support the Evil Empire), surpress that information from this doc?

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA