Index vs. partitioning for performance

From: <aehven_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Apr 2006 14:23:46 -0700

Hi,

Suppose:

Can query (or insert) performance for this table be improved by partitioning the table and/or its index? If partitioning were done, the only sensible partitioning scheme for this data would be hash-partitioning on the indexed column.

I'm guessing the answer is no. I'm also guessing that rebuilding the index is never an issue in this scenario. Am I right or am I right?

Thanks,

Adam Received on Thu Apr 20 2006 - 16:23:46 CDT