Re: Horrible Query Performance, Simple Query -- Performance Tuning Help Needed

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 19 Apr 2006 17:05:27 -0700

hpuxrac wrote:
> Personally, I advocate getting some more information before even
> thinking about adding a hint in some attempt to improve things.

I agree. What more information do you want, a statspack? AWR tables output? trace? init.ora? iostat? Platform? :-)

> Changing the order of tables is a technique that is also often not what
> you want to advocate first, especially with only 3 tables ( apparently
> ) in the query.

I agree. I think I may have misread the explain anyways. D'Oh! The slowness implies he's joining too much though, don't you think? Or do you think there are general new system problems that should be looked at?

> But what does that function do? Hmmm ...

Well, he answered that, so should we advocate http://www.rampant-books.com/t_oracle_direct_i_o.htm ?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.