Only one Oracle_HOME after installing 10G.

From: <dba_222_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Apr 2006 08:23:34 -0700

Dear experts,

I've recently started working in an environment with both 10G, and 9i.

All of the Window clients had Oracle 9i on it, and then had 10G installed after. Not by me.

After 10G was installed, all the windows clients could only find one Oracle_Home. 10G.
When I go into Home Selector, I get the message, There is only one Oracle Home defined on this machine.

Yet, Oracle Universal Installer shows both the 9i, and the 10G installs.

In previous versions of Oracle, the Home Selector would show, and allow you to pick one of the Oracle Homes.

I'm tempted to unistall 9i, and then reinstall it. But if there is a simpler way, I'd prefer that.

What is the secret to have both 9i, and 10G homes available on the windows clients? That is, by choosing it via Home Selector. BTW, I'm only interested in the client, not the server software.

For those of you who thinks it makes any difference, the Windows clients are running XP Pro.

Thanks a lot! Received on Wed Apr 12 2006 - 10:23:34 CDT