Re: Oracle 9i on Solaris 10

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 11 Apr 2006 16:50:51 -0700

Michael42 wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> Can anyone please share how you set the Oracle /etc/system settings on
> a Solaris 10 system?
>
> Solaris 10 is fundamentally different and uses a tool (prctl) to set
> them kinda like LINUX. I would like to view\set the settings for:
>
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967295
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=10
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
> set semsys:seminfo_semmns=1000
> set semsys:seminfo_semmni=100
> set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=250
>
> Yes, I read the manual(s). They only cover Solaris 8-9. Oracle's docs
> on Solaris 10 are not clear to me (or even Oracle). I have a SR open
> with Oracle and even they seem stumped to advise in detail. I am not a
> UNIX admin.

One place to try is the google solaris group lots of knowledgeable people over there.

There is a quick install guide for 10.2 oracle on solaris 10 over at http://tahiti.oracle.com ... probably anything that they tell you to do for 10.2 will work also for the kernel parameters for 9i.

I just haven't played around with solaris 10 ( yet ) ... ( hpux at my shop currently ).

Have fun and keep us updated. Received on Tue Apr 11 2006 - 18:50:51 CDT