Oracle 9i on Solaris 10

From: Michael42 <melliott42_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Apr 2006 14:31:39 -0700

Hey All,

Can anyone please share how you set the Oracle /etc/system settings on a Solaris 10 system?

Solaris 10 is fundamentally different and uses a tool (prctl) to set them kinda like LINUX. I would like to view\set the settings for:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967295
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=10
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=1000
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=100
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=250

Yes, I read the manual(s). They only cover Solaris 8-9. Oracle's docs on Solaris 10 are not clear to me (or even Oracle). I have a SR open with Oracle and even they seem stumped to advise in detail. I am not a UNIX admin.

Thanks for you help,

Michael42 Received on Tue Apr 11 2006 - 16:31:39 CDT