Re: Xg for Oracle 10g: The Ultimate Oracle Security Product

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 18:28:56 GMT

 > As the
> leading expert in your field, your objective opinion is highly valued
> and your feedback is very appreciated.

Feedback:

  1. Please update your screenshot. Oracle 9i is nearing the end of its life. Or is this product for 9i only?
  2. The link for the Oracle Tuning Book brings me to a PDF document with only a title page. No substance to be found.
  3. The How To Pay link just gives me an image of PayPal to click on. Nothing on that page to reflect that you are asking for US$499.00 for this product.
  4. The Breaking News link contains a Javascript error and a Calendar of the US Military Dead. Neither one are going to endear you to potential customers. The Javascript error shows technical incompetance. The Calendar has absolutely nothing to do with the product you are trying to sell.
  5. The form on the download page asks for a Title. The DBA title is not listed yet this product is primarily for a DBA to use. What does the company's COO, CIO, or CFO care about this product?
  6. The form on the download page asks for output from various shell commands. Might want to explain *why* this information is necessary.
  7. The form on the download page asks for a FAX number and that this field is compulsory. Not everyone has or needs a fax machine these days.
  8. I clicked on the Installation Instructions and it redirects to http://www.omlet.org/price.html page. According to my web browser, this server cannot be found. And what does a price page have to do with installation instructions?
  9. The Advanced Search link points to the same registration page when downloading.
  10. The Search box lets you enter in search criteria, but there is no button to begin the search and there is no active Javascript for an OnEnter method.

To be honest, your web site gives me absolutely no confidence in your product. Something as simple as a web site should not have so many errors. If your web site has this many errors, how many are in your much-more-technically-complex product? I cannot imagine spending even US$4.99, let alone US$499.00 for this product from what I have seen of your web site.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net