Python + Oracle Express Edition 10 g + GNU/Linux + cx_Oracle

From: <cirudinezidane_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Apr 2006 04:54:28 -0700

Hi!!

I'd like to install Oracle 10 g express edition over Ubuntu to use with Python 2.4. I have installed Ubuntu, Python 2.4 and Oracle database. I think that I have installed correctly cx_Oracle because I have cx_Oracle.so in /usr/share/python2.4/site-packages/ directory. My environment variables are ORACLE_HOME=/usr/lib/oracle and LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib. I am trying to connect to Oracle database:
>>>import cx_Oracle
>>>db=cx_Oracle.connect('sergio/sergio_at_XE')
Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in ? RuntimeError: Unable to acquire Oracle environment handle >>>

     What is the problem?

 Thanks. Received on Fri Apr 07 2006 - 06:54:28 CDT