SQL Developer & Java Question

From: <amerar_at_iwc.net>
Date: 5 Apr 2006 11:48:58 -0700

Hi Everyone!

Our techs just installed the JDK 1.5 on our AIX machine so we can install SQL Developer. When I try and run SQL Developer, I receive this error. I've been looking for an answer with no luck. So, maybe someone else has seen this before?? I know nothing about how Java works........

Thanks in advance!

sh sqldeveloper

Oracle SQL Developer 1.0
Copyright (c) 2005 Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Unable to find configuration file: jdk.conf Working directory is /home/oracle/sqldeveloper/jdev/bin JVMJ9VM007E Command-line option unrecognised: -hotspot Could not create the Java virtual machine.

Usage: java [-options] class [args...]

           (to execute a class)
   or java [-jar] [-options] jarfile [args...]

           (to execute a jar file)

where options include:

-cp -classpath <directories and zip/jar files separated by :>

              set search path for application classes and resources
-D<name>=<value>

              set a system property
-verbose[:class|gc|jni]

              enable verbose output
-version print product version
-version:<value>

        require the specified version to run
-showversion print product version and continue
-jre-restrict-search | -no-jre-restrict-search

              include/exclude user private JREs in the version search
-agentlib:<libname>[=<options>]

              load native agent library <libname>, e.g. -agentlib:hprof
              see also, -agentlib:jdwp=help and -agentlib:hprof=help

-agentpath:<pathname>[=<options>]
load native agent library by full pathname
-javaagent:<jarpath>[=<options>]
load Java programming language agent, see
java.lang.instrument

-? -help print this help message
-X print help on non-standard options
-assert print help on assert options

Error: SQL Developer can't recognize the JDK version Received on Wed Apr 05 2006 - 13:48:58 CDT