Re: is it possible to undo one of the last transactions?

From: <xhoster_at_gmail.com>
Date: 05 Apr 2006 18:41:23 GMT

"Le.Wang" <lewang_at_weh.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have a distributed system which is based on a Oracle Database 10g,
> and I have read that rollback is supported by Oracle DB, but now we want
> to realize a "part"-rollback in this system, so only part of the
> transactions should be reversed. For example, in the last 10 minutes the
> following 10 transactions were executed by the distributed processes in
> DB: --ts1
> --ts2
> --ts5
> --ts7
> --ts10
> but only the ts5 and ts7 belong to the process which should be
> rollbacked, is there any possibility to undo ts5 and ts7 automatically by
> Oracle DB ?

Have those transactions been committed already? If so, then you cannot (automatically by Oracle DB) roll them back. That is, afterall, what "commit" means. You could write user code which uses flash-back to see what the data was before the commit, then figure out if later transactions have changed the data in ways dependent on the changes made by the committed transaction which you now want to roll-back, and if so have more user code to figure out to deal with that.

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service                        $9.95/Month 30GB