Re: ASM space requirements?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 5 Apr 2006 06:43:26 -0700

Volker, the answer is very little. The only real file an ASM instance has is its spfile. I believe an ASM instance does not even use a control file. The will be some space necessary for the alert log and trace files but the main resource is memory. 64M should be enough for most ASM instances.

There is a chapter in the DBA Administrators guide on ASM and you should be able to confirm what I said there.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Apr 05 2006 - 08:43:26 CDT