Installation of patchset 3 for Oracle 9.2.0.4

From: Kulwant <klall_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Mar 2006 07:50:58 -0800

I am trying to install the patchset for Oracle 9iR2, using patchset 3 on RedHat Linux Advanced Server 3. I currently have the relevant zip files, however, my understanding is that a number of rpm files also need to be installed.

I have been successfull in installing Linux (ie, partitioning and setting up RAID5) some of the rpm files, but received an error message when trying to install the following files:

  1. gcc-7.3-2.96.122.i386.rpm and
  2. gcc-devel-7.3-2.96.122.i386.rpm

The following error occurs when using the following command: compat rpm -Uvh compat gcc-7.3-2.96.122.i386.rpm

NOKEY, Key ID ("key no")
Error: Failed Dependencies
glibc-devel is needed by gcc-7.3-2.96.122.i386.rpm

I would welcome advice on the following:

  1. Do I have to download the files glibc-2.3.2-95.20.i386.rpm and glibc-devel-2.3.2-95.20.i386.rpm from a website and install them, or
  2. Do I ignore the message and continue (probably not because I think that the above files set up particular directories in /usr) to unzip the files on the patchset I have and continue to install Oracle.

Regards

Kulwant Received on Fri Mar 24 2006 - 09:50:58 CST