Re: Listener problem on 10g - db registration on non-default listeners??

From: BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Mar 2006 15:47:33 -0800

>search for the init.ora parameter "local_listener".
>you'll need to define a connect descriptor for each listener in the
>tnsnames.ora file and refer to it in the init.ora (or spfile).

that's certainly better - thanks!

I added 2 lines in the init file, one for each new port, and generated a new spfile. I added 2 new entries to the tnsnames.ora file on the server.

Interestingly, only two of the 3 listeners indicate registered services at this point, and I still get a 'could not resolve SID' error from the client side when I try to use the tns entries for the new listeners... but I expect I'll work it out with that 'nudge' in the right direction.

Thanks again. Received on Thu Mar 02 2006 - 17:47:33 CST